Because then I could go and get the yarn I’ve got on hold at my LYS, Closeknit. I hate waiting to pick it up, but it’s better than writing a rubber check, right? Anyway, the waiting makes me appreciate it more. So, it’s Wednesday, so I guess I should post my WiPs. I see that a lot of blogs post theirs on Wednesday, and it makes total sense. I see that they also post their finished works on a certain day too, but I don’t know if I’ll do that. I get so excited when i finish something, I don’t think I’d be able to wait until “the day”.
So, first we have the girls socks. Yup, haven’t done much. I’ve been frustrated with them. I’m actually thinking of getting some bigger yarn and doing them the way the pattern was written. I just want the bloody things to fit one of my children.
Next we have the most boring thing I’ve ever knit, Ron’s scarf. The ball I have left does get smaller, but it won’t go away, so I keep knitting.
Then we have my starter bit for my traveling scarf. It’s all tweed! Anyway, my bit’s done, but since the scarf is not, I figured it still fit as a WiP.
I just took a bit from Brooke’s Column of Leaves. I thought it looked to cool. I wasn’t that hard, but I did have to pay closer attention.
So, I’m making most of my Christmas gifts this year, or attempting to. Here’s my list, let’s see what I get done.
(in no particular order)
1. Mom:Three Season Lace Vest from 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders I just don’t have the time and I just made her a sweater. Also, I have all that acrylic yarn to make a few shirts for her after the holidays.She asked me the other day to make her a cowl for when she rides the motorcycle with Dad. I figure that won’t take too much time.
2. Dad: Helmet Liner I’ve opted out, I found something he’ll appreciate more and I can’t make it.
3. MIL: Simple Mistake Rib Vest from 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders
4. FIL: Fingerless Gloves DONE 11/18
5. Uncle: Mickey Mouse dishtowels I’ve got one done and just need to fnd some black and yellow yarn to make the others
6. David: Fulled Lopi Tote Actually, I’ve heard he would rather have a hat. That’s fine by me because that will take half the time ane 1/3 of the yarn!
7. Texas Uncle; Socks DONE 11-12
8. Texas Aunt Ring Bearer Pillow from 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders
9. Brother: Topi Hat
10. Future SIL: Red Dwarf Socks, if I get a chance. I think these will be the most challenging. I may have to wait and make them after Christmas. I made her leg and hand warmers instead. The Red Dwarfs will be mine!!! DONE 10-29
11. D&D friends: Felted Dice Bags
12. T’s Teachers: Three headbands
Besides the girls and one friend (who may read this blog), that’s pretty much my list. I realize that this is a lot to expect to get dome by Christmas. I do have other options for a few on my list in case I don’t get through it all. I really hope I can, though, it would be cool to have a totally handmade Christmas! Wish me luck!