My hairdresser and I have an understanding. I love having a good haircut, but can’t afford it; she loves knitwear, but can’t knit. So, she cuts my hair and I knit for her. As with many of my “understandings”, it’s a win-win situation.
We’ve just started this up fairly recently, (meaning the last time I got a hair cut) and so I’ve only made one thing for her. The original plan was that I’d make a sweater that would count for a few cuts, but she’s been having a time trying to find a pattern she really liked. So, I searched through Ravelry and found a hat pattern I thought would flatter her.
(color’s off a bit, sorry)
The original pattern is supposed to be more of a skull cap, but I jimmy rigged it up to be a beret. I think it worked out well. And so does Carla. She was very happy with it.
Project: Foliage by Emily Mooney (Rav Me)
Yarn: KnitPicks Swish Bulky in Marlin
Needles: US 9 and 10 1/2
Date Started: August 11, 2009
Date Completed: August 11, 2009
Mods: Well, in the pattern, you get a choice of 2, a worsted or a bulky hat. What I did was make the worsted hat using the bulky yarn and the bulky sized needles. The result was a beret. It worked out perfectly.